To develop and strengthen ties between our Alumni and the Department of Chemistry by providing diverse tangible benefits including career services, networking opportunities, special events and lectures, and the opportunity to connect with and inspire students and graduates. And, to engage Alumni with Departmental research and future goals, in order that each individual feels welcome and valued as a member of the Oxford Chemistry community.
- A respectful, congenial, and equitable programme that is welcoming and engaging for alumni of all ages, as well as their partners, families, and guests.
- A dynamic community of active alumni who contribute to the goals of the programme, feel ownership over its direction, and act as ambassadors for Chemistry at Oxford.
- A programme with strong ties to industry and spin-out companies, and the ability of promote mentoring, internship and career opportunities for students and alumni in this and other fields.
- Accessible and innovative promotion of the Department’s research in order to connect alumni and the public to cutting edge science.
- A commitment to transparency of goals and actions.
What Alumni Are Saying:
"A great initiative and at last!"- Ioanna Psalti (DPhil Chemistry, The Queen's College, 1985).
Would like to take this opportunity to welcome a more active policy on the part of the department of chemistry in involving it's former students... Effectively over 45 years without a sign of life or interest! I visited the Department with the Institute of Directors a couple of years ago, and was very impressed. I also took the opportunity of saying that a more active policy towards former undergraduates and postgraduates was long long overdue. I take this opportunity to wish you every success."- Edward Hope (MA Chemistry, The Queen's College, 1961).
“Thanks for the contact...the first in 46 years since I finished at Oxford!” - Freddie Craig (MA Chemistry, Balliol, 1962).
DP Teaching Labs. Photo Credit: Dr Karl Harrison.